The rules changed in 2021 so it is unlikely you’re paying inflated interest on your car finance agreement.

However, if your complaint is about another car finance problem – like problems with the car, a misdescribed agreement, charges paid at the end of the agreement or the affordability of the agreement – then raise your complaint with your broker or lender first and, if you’re not satisfied with the response, you can escalate your complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman. You should give the lender eight weeks to handle your complaint, and escalate it to the ombudsman within six months of a final response letter from the company.